1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05+ Fog Lamp Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by NoelsMyKuya, May 9, 2010.

1. NoelsMyKuya

NoelsMyKuya [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    San Deezy
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab sr5
    So i bought a set of oem fogs from the junkyard and when i got home to install them, I noticed my 05 taco didn't come with the prewired fog lamp connections. Is there any way I can go back to the junkyard and cut or reuse the harness for the foglights to my truck? I would like to run them seperately and add HID's to them so maybe an independent switch would be nice. I also went to a local stereo shop and they quoted me $150 to hotwire them and install the HID's. is that a lot? THX

2. Maintenance Man

Maintenance Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Atlanta, Ga
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-runner SR5 2.7L
    Leer camper shell; afe stage ll intake; 265's bridgestone dueler tires; rockford's power series 6.5's; tint on all windows; semi de-badged; weathertech digitial mats; grillcraft grill; blacked out headlights with eyelids; blacked out badges; and more to come.
    I installed fogs in my pre-runner and ran into the same problem, I just went down to wal-mart and bought a cheap pair of fog lights and used that wiring and swith for mine. The directions kinda came in handy too.

3. NoelsMyKuya

NoelsMyKuya [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    San Deezy
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab sr5
    do you remember exactly which fog kit you purchased? or maybe an ebay link that would work. Thanks for the info!

4. Tdup

Tdup Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Columbia, SC
    2.5 in. Ready Lift, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, 18% tint, USA Spec iPod interface, Wet Okole seat covers, Husky mats, Rear Suspension TSB, Black Cam-Locker toolbox, Secondary air filter removed-AFE prodryS, 55w 5000K HID Headlights, 35w 4500K HID Foglights, Int. Wiper Mod.
    just go to radio shack and get a relay, fuse holder, and a bunch of wire. then an autoparts store and get the h10 plugs and go to town with the solder gun. i did mine and it looks damn close to factory and my fogs come on whenever my park lights are on. if u need help with the wiring just look up a how to, there's plenty of em for the foglights

To Top