1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

06 Tacoma in need of a DOCTOR

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 06uncsam, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Jan 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    06uncsam

06uncsam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    isaac
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab
    Ok i know there are a million different threads on here about lifts and i have read most all of them (i think) but i have another question about lifts. I have a 2006 4 door short bed 4wd taco. I replaced the factory leaf pack with the OEM leaf pack and it really raised the ass end of the truck. I used the lift in my buddy shop to lift only the front end ( i placed the lift under the frame) and to get the truck where i want it i had to raise the front 5 inches. What is the best way to obtain this lift? Will i need to do a diff drop? Also i did not replace the rear shocks do i need to? If i do will i need longer breaks lines? Once again i hate to beat a dead horse but i don't know a whole lot about this stuff and i wanna do it right the first time to avoid costl repairs down the road due to an incorrect lift instalation. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    06uncsam

06uncsam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    isaac
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab
    Thanks for the input. I emailed toytec as well and they told me the same thing. They also told me i should replace the rear shocks with the OME N182 shocks. Do you know anything about these? Also if these grant more travel in the rear do i need longer brake lines? Thanks again for your help.

Products Discussed in

To Top