1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 4x4 TRD Leveling, 5100's, Larger Tires

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jaycoll2000, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Aug 30, 2008 at 2:53 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Next setting is 1.75. :)

2. Aug 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i doubt you will have any driveline vibration. and a diff drop is more for a 4x4 vehicle, not a 4x2, so thats something less you gotta worry about.:)

3. Jun 2, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    tj9278

tj9278 Member

Member:
    Calhoun, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Landcruiser, 2.5" Lift, 3x Locked
    Just joined this forum, I have a 07 Double Cab TRD 4x4, Toyota is gonna do the Rear TSB and I have ordered a new set of Eibach 1.6" lift Front Coil springs. I will also add the 265 75 R16 BFG A/T's. Assuming everything else is stock, will I need to add new UCA's or a diff drop? Thanks for the help!!

4. Jun 4, 2009 at 12:09 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    No on both counts. Welcome to TW.:wave:

5. Jun 20, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    Taco Bell

Taco Bell Secret Squirrel

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Sport 4x4
    Toytec suspension with Total Chaos UPA's & 1.5" AAL's; TRD CAI with Flowmaster Exhaust; Grillcraft upper/lower; Hella 500's behind the grill
    I have an '08 tacoma sport double cab 4x4 and am getting ready to do my lift/tires.

For suspension, I've decided on the 5100's all the way around. I got a great deal on them from Downsouth Motorsports (Highly recommend those guys as I also noticed somebody else do in a previous post).

For tires I'm going with 285/75/16's.

I've decided to wait and see what it looks like before I invest in an AAL. If I go that route, Fabtech was recommended to me for the AAL, adding about 1 1/2"

OMG I just farted and its really horrible, kudos to me - anyway...

I'm wanting to do the work myself with friends (who are pretty smart and a great support when it comes to actually doing mechanical stuff) - I just want to make sure I have EVERYthing I need when its all pulled apart.

I've read some things about extending brake lines and differential drops etc... Are these going to NEED to be done for me to complete this project properly?

Does anyone know if I am going to have a dire situation with the 5100's at 2.5" with the 285/75/16's ?

(stopped holding my breath, btw)

Products Discussed in

To Top