1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 AT fluid check

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by kodiak07tacoma, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Nov 14, 2007 at 7:39 PM
    kodiak07tacoma

kodiak07tacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    Went to change my oil for the first time and like a dumba** I pulled the transmission fluid plug. About 1/2 a qt drained before I got the plug back in. How do I check the level and add fluid? Called the dealer and they wanted me to bring it in, but I live on an island with no dealer so that isn't an option.
    If I do take it to one of there recomended places should I just pay to have it flushed? Or should I just leave it until I get a few more miles on it then have it flushed at around 5000-6000. Only 3100 mi on it now.

Any help would be great!

2. Nov 14, 2007 at 7:58 PM
    Nitro_rc

Nitro_rc Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DoubleCab TRD Sport 4X4
    If you look at the transmission pan, you'll notice two drain plug. One for you to drain the fluid, of which you have found. The other is the fluid level/over flow plug.

What you need to do is:
    1. you'll need to go get the correct fluid, dealer or auto parts store.

2. you will need to get a pump.

3. park you truck in a level ground and then loosing the level/over flow plug all the way out (no fluid will come out)

4. you will need a 22mm wrench (not really sure of the size now, it might be 24mm)

5. on the passenger side of the transmission, you notice the 22mm filler bolt. you'll need to do some weight lifting to get this filler bolt loosing and remove. I used a little 9lb hammer and pound the wrench until it loosen.

6. use the pump and pump the transmission fluid in the filler hole. pump until you see fluid comming out of the level/over flow plug at the bottom of the transmission pan.

7. tighten everything up and you are good to go.

Here's the instructions from the manual:

Products Discussed in

To Top