1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 Tacoma brake squealing TSD

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Robert Smith, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Sep 11, 2008 at 10:44 AM
    Robert Smith

Robert Smith [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    just joined thanks for having me. I have a 2007 PreRunner doublecab having trouble with brake squeal.when the truck has set up over night and I put it in reverse the brakes squeal once the pedal is pressed for the first time,the next time it is pressed no squeal. Brakes aren't wore out only 18,000 miles.I heard there might be a TSB out on this problem? Would appreciate any information on this? Thanks

2. Sep 11, 2008 at 10:56 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I also have an 07. Mine does this also the dealer ship will take it in and put some grease on it. That may work for a few days. I did it 1 time and decided to deal with the squeak, It will however start happening less and less mine hardly ever does it anymore, I have 13,700 miles.

Oh and Welcome to TW, quick hide your wallet!

3. Sep 11, 2008 at 11:19 AM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    the stock brakes on these trucks arent the greatest out there. ive had the squeak for a year now and it comes and goes.

Products Discussed in

To Top