1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

08' Taco under warranty but dealer doesnt want to replace clutch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ruler, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Apr 14, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    ruler

ruler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    Yesterday my clutch went out on my Taco, its got 32,000 miles and its still under warranty so I took it to the dealer but
    the dealer does not want to replace it because once they looked under my truck they saw "scracthes and scars"

and they said that that is considered abuse and therefore they do not cover that. They said it will cost $1600 for parts
    and labor to fix,They also said that parts such as the clutch and the brakes are not covered by the warranty.

I think this is a bunch of crap and they are just trying to get out of it since theres only like 4,000 miles left on the
    warranty. Its a 4x4 so of course im gonna take it offroad thats why I paid the extra money for that option. I do use it
    offroad quite a bit but nothing extreme, just dirt roads, or fire roads so I dont believe the clutch should go out so
    soon.

This same dealer did my TSB suspension about 2 months ago without all the hassle, but this time they dont want to budge.

2. Apr 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    2nd post today on the same issue.....Hmmm....Im thinking Toyota is tightening their belts on warranty work due to the lack of sales???

Call the 800# in your manual. It should be a Warranty item.

To Top