1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

08 Tacoma SR5 #1 [SE} with Fog Lamps?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bill in Ky, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Nov 16, 2007 at 4:55 PM
    Bill in Ky

Bill in Ky [OP] Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Bright White 08 Reg 4X4 2.7 5spd SR5
    I got my first 4x4 in 1972...haven't been without one! I still like Chrome!
    I have yet to buy but am considering a 2 door 4x4 4 cyl 5 speed.
    I just went through a "build it" from toyota.com and noticed that
    Fog Lamps are listed with the SR5 #1 [SE] package.
    But when you are just looking at the "options" on toyota.com there
    is no mention of Fog Lamps being included with the SR5 #1 package.
    What is correct? Anyone know?
    In looking at dealers I have always noticed that Fog Lamps only came with
    the 6 cyl.

Thanks guys, I have learned alot in my 2 weeks on this board.
  2. Nov 16, 2007 at 6:08 PM

gsm Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    08 Tacoma Regular Cab, 2.7L, Impulse Red Pearl
    DIY OEM Fog Lights on anytime, DIY OEM Cruise Control, Removed 2ndary Air Filter, Rear Speakers Mod, Traction Bar/Helper Spring Mod, Red Brake Drums and Rotors, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Door Sill Protectors, Taco Bed Mat, Custom Front Mud Flaps (Mudguards), TRD Bucket Seats (pending)

As a fellow Kentuckian (Born/Raised), I don't know for sure - but that has been my impression. Have you tried asking a dealer about custom order? The prices on the web site are a little higher than with the dealer (at least here in Raleigh) compared to the custom build site. example, here they listed the a/c steal rim option $10 lower, All weather mats $99 vs $125, Stainless steel exhaust was $69, Door Sills protectors $39 both lower in price.

Also, the factory installed Fog lights only work with other lights on (if that matters to you). If the price for the fog add-on is high you can easily install them yourself for a near factory appeance for about $365 (OEM lights and switch etc.). For more info on that if you are interested there are numerouse posts on the subject at this site. The one I did is:

Hope this helps out a little bit at least.
To Top