1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'09 access cab rear seats bigger?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jesseyarnell, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Sep 12, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    jesseyarnell

jesseyarnell [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    GA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC/SB 4X4 TRD SR5
    another question for my research on whether i should go access vs double. i was looking at trucks on autotrader today, and the rear seat picks on the 2009 models look bigger, more comfortable to me. can anyone verify this? the '08 rear seats were really making me lean towards the double cab, but after seeing the '09 seats, i'm not convinced, they even look like they have a head rest. now they are looking like real usable seats, i need to go to a dealer and check them out. looking more and more to me like the double cab vs. access cab rear seats are just like economy vs first class. my passengers can deal with economy!

2. Sep 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    if you plan on using your rear seats get the double cab. the 09 AC rear seats are actually worse than the 08 imo. they do have a headrest now (for safety issues) but i ended up taking mine out. the space is the same size from 08 to 09 so i doubt they could even be any bigger.

3. Sep 12, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    jfr02

jfr02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb 6spd sport
    the rears seats on a access cab are almost useless.i have the access cab and for one reason just to be able to keep stuff inside.if you plan on useing the rear seats for passenger's go with the double cab.

4. Sep 12, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    Tim1968

Tim1968 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Black SR5 Access Cab
    i agree with pat, i just picked up a 09 access cab and the rear seats are really only usuable for children. esp. if you are over like 5'8 and have to have your seat back to a comfortable position it really cuts into the rear passengers leg room. i had a buddy back there because the girlfriend always gets shotty and he was complaining that the seat was uncomfortable but he is also 6' tall like me. so i guess its really up to you and the size of your passengers. i will say that i love the all the storage under the seats! even with the jack theres pleanty of room for misc stuff. only complaint about the interior is that there is no map pocket for the back of the seats, i guess they figure everyone uses a tomtom now lol

5. Sep 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    lopedogg

lopedogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    '12 TACO TRD
    Yeah the 09 access cab is completely retarded. The folding head rests must have been invented by some cracked out dipshit, and the sub woofer "flux capacitor" couldn't be in a worse spot. Its only good for throwing your beer back there and maybe your golf clubs. My 05 was a way better design. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top