1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Single cab speaker upgrade and sub

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Benjvmin, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Nov 22, 2020 at 4:26 AM
    Benjvmin

Benjvmin [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Vehicle:
    2000 Black Tacoma
    Hello all, I’m new to speaker upgrades and amps and all those things but I know I want it done!
    I’ve recently bought a custom 10” subwoofer box and amp holder from Mr.Marv That will go behind the bench seat just to get started. I want to know what door speakers, tweeters and amps do y’all recommend? I want to have it just as loud for me but not so much that I wake up the neighbors or knock the pictures off their wall!
    Also will I need two amps since one will power the sub and the other will power the door speakers?

2. Nov 22, 2020 at 7:47 AM
    JBIdaho

JBIdaho Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    2013 Green Tacoma TRD Sport
    Online Crutchfield has a great selection and they have a lot of tech support, reviews and articles.
    I purchased some Infinity door speakers from them for a car I had 3 cars ago and never got them installed so I just had them put in my 2013 Tacoma. I didn’t want to break off the door clips myself so I took it to a sound dealer for installation. While I was there I also had them out in a set of Focal speakers which included both the lower front door speaker and the high mounted tweeters. It is an upgrade for sure, but to take it to the next level I would need an amp and new head unit. Best of luck in your search

3. Nov 22, 2020 at 8:06 AM
    ryfox0276

ryfox0276 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 RC 4x4
    I have Alpine S series 6.5" components in my doors, very happy with them at the price point. I found the regular cab stereo lacks depth because of only having speakers in the doors, so I made some little boxes for some 3.5" pioneers from a previous car that I mounted to the back firewall. That really helped.

As for amps, it really depends on what you are buying. I do not run a dedicated amp and just use the outputs on my kenwood ddx-595. If I were running a sub would absolutely have an amp. They make them in 1,2,3,4 and 5 channels. So you can have all your speakers running off one amp, or have several amps for each speaker.

As mentioned above, crutchfield.com is the place to go for this. I've done three car stereo installs now and each time has been thru crutchfield. They really know their stuff and are super helpful. When you buy from them you get everything you need for your specific vehicle. Hope this helps

Products Discussed in

To Top