1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1.5in Lift Shackle from Ebay, Warning

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by gman2530, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Mar 21, 2016 at 8:01 PM
    gman2530

gman2530 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    I purchased these last week, arrived today with 2 Failures in design making them Un-usable.. This is the item & message I sent out.
    Want others to be advised...
    That is what we do here.. Look out for each other. 1st Geners!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131245939526?euid=229af55891f14792a6307ae0038e6b43&cp=1

New message to: belken.motorsports

Hello, I received the shackles today. During the install process I encountered two significant failures in the design. First was the width, They would not slide past the leaf bushings, 1/8 inch too narrow . Undetermined to allow that stop me, I did Grind the inside of them so they would slide over, the second issue that could not be overcome was the bottom bolts holes would not line up due to the center piece being too close to the leaf pack end, It bumped up against it not allow the holes to line up... Please advise how i can receive a refund. I have taken pictures if there is any doubt to my honesty or integrity about this matter.
    Respectful,
    Gary Guzman.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 22, 2016 at 8:51 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    Personally, I would never get an automotive part from EBAY. You get what you pay for.
    Consider it a $50 lesson learned.

UBYBC likes this.
  3. Mar 22, 2016 at 10:28 AM
    skeezix

skeezix Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1998 Limited
    Yes, one must be very, very careful about buying from ebay sellers. Some products are real deals though. Timing chain/water pump kits comprised of all Toyota parts and at a reasonable cost comes to mind. Others (backup cameras with displays for under $30 come to mind) are not worth considering.

Same can be said for Amazon (and other sellers') merchandise that is advertised and that does NOT come from Amazon.

As always, Caveat emptor.

4. Mar 22, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    eBay is a marketplace.

Toyota dealerships sell stuff there, would you not buy from them because "eBay?"

Or is it just that inexpensive products that come from "Don's eBay Store" might be low quality?

Nothing wrong with using eBay. If you buy cheap shit, you get cheap shit - regardless of where you buy it.

devinzz1, UBYBC and ChadsPride like this.
  5. Mar 22, 2016 at 3:16 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    I do find it interesting that the seller is using a picture of the toytec adjustable shackles in their product description images. The only commonality is they are both shackles. o_O

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FWIW, the toytec shackles retail for more than twice what the Belkin/ebay seller is asking for his.

Dirty Pool likes this.
  6. Mar 22, 2016 at 7:37 PM
    devinzz1

devinzz1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    devin
    lewisporte Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    95 extended cab sr5
    cxr turbo, fic6, methanol injection, king coilovers, jba uca, skyjacker leafs, rear 12" 5125s, no-slip rear locker, 35" grabber x3, magnaflow muffler, retrofit headlights, trans cooler, bed lined exterior, etc...
    Could cut and weld the stock shackles 3" longer virtually free. If you have a welder that is.

7. Mar 23, 2016 at 1:12 AM
    Wyoming09

Wyoming09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Tripoli Pa
    Vehicle:
    2000 Work truck 5 speed 4x4 3.4
    Super Springs
    The quality Control person went to the bathroom and those slipped through.

You were doing Good to you took the grinder to them.

I have bought lots of Good Parts off both Ebay and Amazon if something is to cheap the price most often reflects the quality

Go China in another 50 years they might make stuff that works

Products Discussed in

To Top