1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1.75" 5100 Install Yesterday...major dilemma with actual ride height

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Dakota 08, May 18, 2011.

1. May 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    S.S.T.

S.S.T. Well-Known Member

Member:
    Torrance, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    Icon 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers, 5100 rears, Icon Progressive 3 leaf AAL, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/75R16, 16x8 Renegade 6 wheels, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, BHLM.
    I started to do it the same way when installig mine. After compressing the springs for what I knew was way too long I looked at my work and was like "oh shit". Luckily it never got to the point where the spring load was on the perch and had the potential to fail.

2. May 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    If you have a rear 1.5" AAL with a cab AND racks on the back then why are you setting the front to 1.75"? I'd expect your front to be nearly nearly .5"-1" higher than your rear that way. I have a 1.5" AAL and just standing in the back with 200+lbs lowers it a noticable amount.

3. May 18, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    Dakota 08

Dakota 08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab
    I had thought the same thing, but now that my reinstall is done, the rear is actually still about an 1"-2" higher than the front. I am okay with it and do understand some settling from the AAL will occur.

Although it was tempting to go the full 2.5" in front, i guess I just was too worried I would lose ride quality and mpg's. I only wanted to have decent clearance for 265/75s. i also kept in mind i make several long road trips throughout the year. Who knows, maybe someday i will go the full 2.5, but for now, I'm happy.

Thanks to those who gave such immediate feedback this morning... I'll admit, I was in a bit of a panic. After the alignment and new tires mounted and balanced on Friday, I promise to post pics of my new setup.

4. May 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    TRDSPORTtaco

TRDSPORTtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. George UT
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    Lift and Wheels
    When I'm not being stupid, I'm actually pretty smart lulz!

But seriously, Bilstein should seriously mark the perch

Products Discussed in

To Top