1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1" AAL

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by NC15TRD, Apr 18, 2011.

1. NC15TRD

NC15TRD [OP] Your girlfriend likes my member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport 6-Speed
    KINGS | LR | OME Dakars | Bilstein | Wheeler's Superbumps | OCTaco brake lines | UWS | Level 8 MK6 | Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx | PrInSu
    Does anyone make one? I'd like to lift the back of my truck 1" using an AAL and no blocks.

2. ninja90177

ninja90177 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    '09 AC 4x4 Off-Road
    Icon 2.5 C/Os, Wheeler's AAL, OME N182, 265/75-16 KM2s, Murdered Emblems
    I have Wheeler's AALs on the back of my truck. Billed as 1 1/2", but after about a month (DDing and some off-roading), they've settled a little and came down about 1/2".

Something to think about. Also, I don't haul anything and almost never any weight in the back.

3. KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Thats' good to know, I've been looking for a 1" AAL. Can anyone else confirm that their wheelers AAL settled to 1" as well?

4. ninja90177

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    '09 AC 4x4 Off-Road
    Mine will be up for sale pretty cheap as soon as my new leaf stacks get here. Maybe a week and a half or so.

Should I list them as 1" AALs ? ;)

5. nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I've had my Wheelers 1.5" on for about 6k miles and I don't think it's settled at all. My stock leaf pack hasn't realy sagged since the truck was new either, that could be a contrubuter; if your stock springs are 'sagged' the AAL might settle down to 1-1.25".

Eventually it will settle '0' if given enough time, but don't plan on it just losing 0.5" after a couple of weeks or anything.

I regularly carry a load, but don' max out my capacity or anything. 0-500lbs at any given time. I don't think I've gone any heavier than that since adding the AAL...

6. ninja90177

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    '09 AC 4x4 Off-Road
    Ahh, crap. Good point!

NOTE: I put 29,700 miles on my truck since new (1 year, 2 months to date) and the AALs have been on there for about 19k miles of that journey. I guess I shoulda specified that after "that month" I had put a ridiculous amount of miles on my truck, including moving a bunch of crap in small loads. It was maybe a few weeks after wards I'd actually remeasured the rear end height. No towing, and very little load in the bed (mountain bikes, camping/fishing gear for 8, etc.) Maybe 140lbs at any given time, tops, but not for more than a few hours.

I do a considerable amount of off-roading as well, including plenty of articulation from both sides of the rear. Rapid exhaustion of the AAls? I think they've more than done their job, and applaud them. I'd definitely buy 'em again if I wasn't buying full springs. Not that there's anything wrong with 'em now.

They're not made to last forever, and they're VERY cheap, all things considered. If anyone's dead-set on 1" in a hurry, not sure what to tell ya.

Kenny

7. NC15TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    KINGS | LR | OME Dakars | Bilstein | Wheeler's Superbumps | OCTaco brake lines | UWS | Level 8 MK6 | Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx | PrInSu
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna keep doing a little research and see what else I can find.

8. nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    There's no guessing with a 1" block... IMO a 1" block is stout enough to not have to worry about any failure. Plus the ride characteristics in the rear wil be unchanged.

9. NC15TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    I disagree with that. I had awful axle wrap with one before I had the rear spring TSB done and I could use the extra weight carrying from an AAL.

10. NC15TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    Lets give this another go!

11. ninja90177

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    '09 AC 4x4 Off-Road
    Hey man, still running my Wheeler's AAL and sitting at just over 42k miles. They haven't dropped anymore after the initial settling.

At this point, I haven't had the time to swap in my new leaf stacks, but when I do, if you haven't already found a solution, i'll just send 'em to ya for the cost of shipping. I keep hoping it's soon, but alot of my free time is spent wheelin' my truck.

I must've been out about 30 times and beat the hell out of my truck, and they've held up well with no more droop.

FWIW, last weekend's trip . . . still flexin' well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. NC15TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    Hows about one more try at bumpage?...

13. GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
    No one sells a 1" AAL.

They are all advertised at 1.5".

I just bought and installed a 1.5" over the weekend. I just did fresh research.

14. big sky

big sky Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    what if you used one of the 3 leaf 1.5" kits and removed one of the leaves?????????

To Top