1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

10" single sub box questions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by OB.BAJA, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Jun 17, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    OB.BAJA

OB.BAJA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Obed
    SoCal
    Does anyone know where i could purchase a single 10" sub box for a 05 DC...just bought a pioneer 10 inch slim sub...i have been looking online but have only seen sub boxes for two subs, is the ********* box the only one available...is it worth the money...thanks

2. Jun 17, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    Joehs

Joehs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    AL
    FWIW, you should read through this thread before you decide to purchase anything from *********.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/80220-official-*********-poll.html

As far as other options go, you could attempt your own build. I thought I could do it, but sadly I was mistaken. If you have the right tools, and you're decent with wood, it ought not be too difficult. However, I have neither of those attributes.

Mr. Marv does outstanding work with our vehicles and is renowned on several audio forums for his craftsmanship. Definitely worth contacting him to talk about your options as far as a single setup goes.

I will soon be requesting a build from him, however my equipment list seems to change daily and I haven't even started on an install yet!

3. Jun 17, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Check out Supercrewsound.com, they have a single 10" box, and as already mentioned, Mr.Marv too.

4. Jun 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    ComaTosin

ComaTosin The Not So New guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 PreRunner
    see my sig
    I have been working with marve on my system for years. this guy is top notch, does great work and is awesome with support. Often not the cheapest option but IMO worth it.

5. Jun 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Marv is very familiar with the Tacoma rear seat geometry and very knowledgeable about all things audio. He gets my vote for sure.

6. Jun 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    Gingrbredman

Gingrbredman Love the Tick!

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Sport 4WD
    I just got my box in from Marv and gotta say I am pretty impressed with the craftsmanship. All angles glued (Can barely even see where the glue is though because it is so clean), all screws countersunk, and each corner is rounded. It is a single box, and the back is notched for the cross beam behind the rear seat. I'm not even sure how each piece actually fits together because it looks like one continuous piece of MDF, all molded together to make a box. Like Coma mentioned, not the cheapest, but the quality and the support you get are worth it IMHO.

Products Discussed in

To Top