1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

12v Outlet Behind Dash - Hide those wires!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zh137dz, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Nov 15, 2017 at 9:35 AM
    zh137dz

zh137dz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Sport
    too many lights
    Wanted to check any see if anyone came up with a way to relocate or add a 12v outlet behind the dash to hide wires for chargers and things like that. I have a fast charger plugged into my cigarette outlet now and bought a separate 12v USB outlet I wired in behind my dash with the cord for my phone coming out where that weird cubby is to the bottom right of the steering wheel. I am going to run a USB hub like this from that slow USB port and run my phone solely on the fast charger in a 12v socket behind the dash. Since this port has a slim design I figured I could attach it to the top of the storage area under the dash by the cupholders if I need access to more ports for roadtrips and guests and whatnot. Depending on the day I am charging my phone, bluetooth headphones for the gym, wireless bluetooth speaker, or GPS rangefinder for the golf course.

I am wondering if anyone has any cool ideas for hiding various wires behind the dash that supply power that I haven't thought of!

Products Discussed in

To Top