1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

$143.00 Ebay hitch = 1 HOUR INSTALL

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jeff3004x4, May 27, 2010.

1. May 27, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    Jeff3004x4

Jeff3004x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    East Killingly CT
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica
    Stock for now
    It seems like I am the guy that “stuff” happens to, someone can do something and have everything go great, I come strolling along and attempt to do the same thing….FAILURE I have horrible luck. First before I get started on my rant you all need to understand I LOVE bargains and I know that’s a bad thing. I bought my new truck and opted out on the factory hitch that apparently is made of GOLD, thinking “I’ll get a good deal on one aftermarket.” As some of you know I work at a NAPA store, Last Tuesday I searched around at work and found a Valley hitch in Ohio I could have bought for $150.00 plus $7.00 shipping, I almost bought it but I wasn’t going to receive it for my fishing trip this morning. So I thought to myself “I’ll find one close by on Ebay” so last Tuesday night I bought one on Ebay from some place in West Springfield Mass for $143.00 shipped (One day shipping) PERFECT faster shipping and CEAPER! Long story short the hitch showed up today while I was on my fishing trip, (A day late) after borrowing a truck to tow my tiny ass boat. Regardless I was pumped, until I looked at the box and realized it looked like it had been through World War Three. I decided I would install the hitch right then and there; I put the hitch up to my frame it’s BENT!!!!!!! I was pissed. Rather than sit on the phone arguing with the incompetent people I bought my hitch from. I decided to tackle the project; it took over an hour to installing the hitch. The mounting ears were bent approximately a 1/4 inch inward I used my bench vice to carefully bend them outward so it would fit my truck like it should. After I was done and the hitch was installed I noticed a little sticker on my hitch, it was manufactured in 2006 no wonder it was bent and the box was destroyed. The hitch could have gotten damaged in shipping or at the warehouse but, IT ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME. Lol I have a hitch now I can tow like the big boys I’m happy.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 27, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    well at least you worked it out

3. May 28, 2010 at 4:45 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Note to self: Don't do a deal w/ Jeff3004x4. Don't want that mojo following his stuff down here.

Glad you had the ability to fix it. PITA as it was, I'm sure it was better than arguing and trying to get money back, etc.

Products Discussed in

To Top