1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

16" Aftermarket Wheels on 2nd Gen, '08

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by JLamb11, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Oct 30, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    JLamb11

JLamb11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Regear, 6" Pro Comp Lift, Wicked Flow Exhaust, K&N Intake, T-Rex Billet Grill, Cobra CB, Wilson Flex 3', Radio Shack PA, Eyelids, Xenon HIDs, Tint, Kenwood GPS/DVD/Bluetooth...
    Hey I know this is ongoing but straight answers are tough to find. I am looking to run 16" wheels with 35" pro comp tires w/ a 6" pro comp lift.

The wheels I am interested in are:

Pro Comp- 52, 152, 8069 (I understand that their 7089 and 8089 in 16" have worked for people)

American Racing- 767

I have seen Wheelers and don't like em tho they do work or so I have read. As you can probably tell, I am looking for something that is not flashy, all/primarily black (preference is flat black), and around $100-$150 a wheel.

Anyone who is curious, I will likely be running pro comp's all terrain tire in 35" as a part of this set up, if not nitto grapplers or mickey thompson atz plus. I am replacing my RBP 93r 17x9 wheels with their Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrains in 35" for anyone who cares. I am not looking for any tire opinions btw, I have got that much figured, but I am looking for all the insight and opinions you got on 16", black wheels so lay 'em on me

The mixed responses are getting old (Like from places like 4wheel, etc "ONLY 17" WILL WORK!"... not true) so I am posting this thread, hoping some of you can help, it would be greatly appreciated

Jared

My minor disclaimer:

I understand that when a lot of you seasoned guys see people ASKING AND ASKING AND ASKING with something like only 52 posts, you may assume they are purely mooches and are not looking to stick with it, learn, gain experience, and give back. Well, I am and have been a proud taco owner for a month now and love it.

2. Oct 30, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    2gtacoma

2gtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    H-town
    Vehicle:
    05 -PreRunner sr5
    URD Maf Cal, Airaid intake, Gibson exhaust, Urd short shifter,Trd shift knob, 2.25 lift,Satoshi grill, Trex eyelids
    I just got the procomp 7089 they are a very nice wheel i like them alot. only thing is the Arm/spokes arent as long as they appear in the picture from procomp website. ill post a picture when i can get some other than that i love mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top