1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

16" Tundra Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by teamhypoxia, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Aug 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    dand

dand You can't see me

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    SE VA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Tundra DC 4x4 Blue Ribbon M.
    Planning stage
    I've heard some people complain about cooper at3's, but I had some and loved them. Drove great, hardly wore at all and I thought they looked great.

[​IMG]

2. Sep 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB TRD OR S/C
    TRD Supercharger TRD exhaust
    Just grabbed a set of four of these in excellent shape last night for $60 with lug nuts and center caps, but no TPMS sensors.

I have a set of GY MTRs (the ones before the Kevlars) in 265/75 which will go on them for whenever the crappy Rugged Trails are done (which won't be long from the looks - they appear to be a cheap tire).

Thanks for this thread - I'm new to the Toyota world and those rims really appealed to me, so I've been on the lookout ever since.

3. Sep 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    KWMF

KWMF B.S. Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2013 RC 4WD AT
    20% Tint, Factory Cruise, Delayed Wiper Switch, Factory Fogs, Hitch, Toyota OEM bed box,
    That's a great deal....

Dang....

And to have the lug nuts also.

Don't forget pictures man!

I am going to go to DT this weekend and see how much they will be willing to give me for my smoking new Dunlops for Cooper ATP on my TRD Tundra wheels,

part of me really wants to keep the TPMS though, I shall ask them.

4. Sep 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    KWMF

KWMF B.S. Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2013 RC 4WD AT
    20% Tint, Factory Cruise, Delayed Wiper Switch, Factory Fogs, Hitch, Toyota OEM bed box,
    I'll be going by DT this coming Monday I think and asking what they can work me up if I trade in my new 2013 tires, they only have 100 miles on em, Lol...

I figured I may be able to walk out of there with a set of 265/75/R16 Cooper ATP tires for under 400, I'll let you all know.

5. Sep 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    KWMF

KWMF B.S. Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    WNC
    Vehicle:
    2013 RC 4WD AT
    SO I visited DT today and asked about the Cooper ATPs they sell,

Well with only 300 or so miles on my 2013 tires they will give me 250 towards the cost, which is pretty good,

Thing is they said due to a Federal law they can't mount the tires on my TRD Tundra wheels unless they install the clonable sensors, This is if they are installing the wheel/tire combos on the vehicle before it leaves their shop. But they offered me the cloned sensors for 200 bucks, normal is 60 each,

I like the idea of a Cooper ATP set for 384 dollars out the door. But the clonable sensors would give me sensors in both sets.

I just really wanted them on my TRD Tundra wheels, lol...

I am not sure how to proceed, I mean the Dunlops would get me by another year and I could put the 400 towards cruise control, and fog lights, which the cruise would be great in this little truck. There is nothing wrong with my new tires, we just wanna spend money and mod our trucks, Lol...

I'm thinking of waiting and maybe early Jan or Feb take them the TRD Tundra wheels and have them put the Coopers on em then, he said as long as they aren't going on a vehicle he can mount and balance tires w/out TPMS valve stems all day long.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  6. Sep 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DC LB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Duratrac's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 Michelin AT2 tires (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Anyone get them mounted up yet? Please post some pics.

7. Sep 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB TRD OR S/C
    TRD Supercharger TRD exhaust
    I won't be mounting and installing mine until the current tires are worn out.

To Top