1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1988 Toyota Pickup 5100's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacobell007, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Mar 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 [OP] Does that have the v6?

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Westfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, adjustable Bilstien 5100's up front, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Kenwood 350 watt amp, stickers, Better Built toolbox, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 33x12.5x17 General Grabber AT2, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, BHLM, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro Dry-S drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall
    I looked for some answers on here, but only found talk on OME and Rough Country shocks for a 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4. I wouldn't mind running Rough Country shocks on my Pickup, but I really would want to run 5100's on all four corners. I found fronts and rears for my truck on 4wheelparts.com but I was wondering if anyone knows if I will have a problem running them with no lift to 1 inch of lift? Since they say to run with lifted trucks. I currently am running 31's and do some off roading when the weather is nice, but most of my driving is city. I know for sure that my rear shocks are toast, the passenger side is leaking oil pretty good. So what do you guys think?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pl=9763&t_pn=BIL24-185752

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pl=9763&t_pn=BIL24-185745

Pictures of the truck as it currently sits...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To Top