1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st gen taco e-brakes

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 95.5taco, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Feb 12, 2008 at 9:23 AM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    ok ok ok is it just me or do you guys/girls hate the pull out cord ebrakes on the 1st gen tacos, i don't know what the second gen tacos have but i hate these ones, they always get twisted up and never fully disengage!!!!!! I am always pushing the brake in to disengage my ebrake lights!!!! just venting lol.
    also does anyone know a company that sells cheap seat heater mats, that you can wire in? I have found a few that range from $100-300 per seat, the 100 comes from germany so its probably another 100 to ship each one.....

2. Feb 12, 2008 at 3:56 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  3. Feb 13, 2008 at 8:17 AM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    thanx, my ebrake works fine, but its the pull out and twist then twist and push in motion that gets everything screwed up, it should be a fatory defect, just like the early generation leaf springs that always sag when you have nothing in the box etc... everyone in my province that has a 1st generation has had to get the leafs recurved including myself....

Products Discussed in

To Top