1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st gen vs. 2nd gen (pros/cons etc.)

Discussion in 'North East' started by TicoTRD, Mar 25, 2013.

1. TicoTRD

TicoTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tico
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM SR5 DCSB
    OME Lift Kit, Toytec U-Bolt Flip Kit, Toytec Sway Bar Relocation Kit, Toytec 2" AAL, Truxedo Truxport Bed Cover, Quick Fists Shovel Mount, Quick Fists Fire Extinguisher Mount, D-Ring Hitch, OEM Roof Rack, AVS In-Channel Window Visors, Tinted front windows, Debadged, Wet Okole Seat Covers, WeatherTech Floor Liners, White Interior LEDs, White LED License Plate Lights, White Reverse Lights, 6000K HID Headlights, 3000K HID Foglights, Yellow LaminX Foglight Covers, Viper Remote Start/Security System, Bushwacker Fender Flares, OEM Bed Mat, Thin Lip Satoshi Grille
    just curious to see what peoples opinions are. if you know me which most of you dont, i dont own a tacoma. im currently shopping for one but havent found the one for me yet. ive found some 2nd gens and some first gens and i just was wondering what the major differences were. mainly off road capabilities. let me know

thanks, tico

2. YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    3" OME lift (HD), LR UCAs, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper w/PIAA 530 Fogs, All-Pro Skidplate, 1" diff drop, vent visors, OCTaco Braided Lines, baby seat (forward-facing)
    Loved my 95 1st gen enough to keep it until I had a family and needed 4 doors. Finally sold it in 2011.

IMO there isn't too much of a difference between the gen 1 and 2. From what I've seen the big design changes mechanically and structurally) were in 94/95 and then again in 04/05.

To Top