1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st oil change and oil filter?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by clayj, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Aug 30, 2007 at 3:18 AM
    sak3358

sak3358 Well-Known Member

Member:
    $17.00 oil changes for the the life of the truck. When I bought mine, I got a card that I present everytime for this price. IMO, if the dealer didn't ask if I wanted synthetic and they filled it with synthetic...they would eat the cost. I'd argue that's not what I asked for, please take it out and give me an oil change.....with oil.

2. Sep 2, 2007 at 7:15 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    I was just over the local WalMart, once in a while they have good prices on syn oil. Castrol 5-30 was $20 for 5qts, Mobil 1 had jumped to $29 for 5qts. Unfortunatly new Taco's require 5.5 or so the need for a extra quart of buying another 5qts.
    Walmart has a habit of running out of stuff when you need it, as in the correct oil.
    I am going to change to syn and more than likely use Mobil 1 and the regular Taco oil filter, which is decent.
    I would love to find some place where I could get a good price on a case of Mobil 1 and I may try our local BJ's which is a warehouse outfit, similar to CostCo's, Sam's.
    I wonder why they jumped the price $9 for Mobil One. Anyone else see this price jump in there area?

Jeff
    06,6spd, SR5 , 4x4

3. Apr 3, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    Mac Dalton

Mac Dalton Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma Acc. Cab 4.0 ltr 5 Spd Auto 4x4
    K&N Air Filter, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust Straight Thru 2 Glass Pcks (To Stop Resonance) 2.5 Lift
    Pull Plug off attach hose to nipple run down to front sheild clamp hose to nipple zipp tie hose you ran to radiator hose leave it there oil drains into pan you put under hose V-6 only

4. Apr 4, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    wawireguy

wawireguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    My manual says 5.5 or so for a new 2.7L but the dip stick says five. A little low is better than to much.

Products Discussed in

To Top