1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.7L towing add on needs

Discussion in 'Towing' started by PSJ, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Jul 24, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    PSJ

PSJ [OP] Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Currently I have a frame mounted hitch and a 4 pin plug installed. Also, the TSB rear leaf spring has been done. I want to tow an 1800 lb (dry) travel trailer (no trailer brakes). Fully loaded, lets say we are at 2500 lbs. Should I upgrade the Battery and Alternator, or is this necessary if I do not have a true 7 pin connection? Is there anything I should do to be set up better for towing this trailer? Since I have a manual, no tranny cooler is available correct? Please share your words of wisdom, and or advice to set up the truck to tow this trailer without issues.
    Thanks...

2. Jul 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    PSJ

PSJ [OP] Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Its funny, I just sold a great tow vehicle, a 7.3 Diesel Excursion 4x4, and bought this Truck thinking my tow needs have changed, and I only have my 16 ft boat to tug around these days. I never thought I would consider towing anything else again. Then, I was introduced to the trailer below, which is light enough I believe to be towed by my new truck. And, since I sold our 26 ft travel trailer, my wife has missed it, and since the kids are on their own, we thought it may be fun to consider the smaller 13 ft trailer for us to do a few trips together, no kids. I am not a novice to trailering, but towing with a 2.7L Toyota is new to me. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Check out the link below...

http://livinlite.com/camplite-gallery.php

3. Jul 24, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    PSJ

PSJ [OP] Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Born & raised in SD (a fighting Aztec), but currently residing in FL. So, your saying if I bought this trailer in CA, the manufacturer would have to supply brakes for any trailer they sold over 1500 lbs, or?

Products Discussed in

To Top