1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2 Fit/Function questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Killtax, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Nov 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    Killtax

Killtax [OP] Safety Third

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Grillcraft MX Grill, JBL, Window Deflectors, Flowmaster Super 40 (soon)
    Never ordered tires online and I'm leary about it. Got a 13 Sport.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...3&autoModel=Tacoma Double Cab&autoModClar=4wd

If the link busts these are Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's at 265/65R17 which to the best of my reading the side of my current tires should fit.

________

And I want to add a flowmaster super40 muffler to the truck but all the midas and dealers want me to get a full cat back system, and I genuinely believe I don't need that. Another muffler place said they couldn't do it because the exhaust bends up under the bed after the muffler, if anyone has a solution or a comeback I can offer. I've held off buying these tires and muffler for like 3 months with uncertainty.

2. Nov 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    ailll1

ailll1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Québec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Trd Sport Double cab
    What's your question?

Yes they will fit. They're stock size tires.

3. Nov 14, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    If you don't mind shopping a little I would contact discounttiredirect.com and see if they can get the same tire for the same price. The good thing about discounttiredirect.com is you can order the tires from them and then take them to a Discount Tire store to get them mounted and balanced for $16 a tire.

4. Nov 14, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    NorthwestCruiser

NorthwestCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    Custom 3 link, 40's etc..
    you can go up to 265/70/17 and still not rub at all.

5. Nov 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    Killtax

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    That is good info right there thanks.

6. Nov 14, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    Killtax

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Anyone got an answer for the second question about the Flowmaster? I want to add a flowmaster super40 muffler to the truck but all the midas and dealers want me to get a full cat back system, and I genuinely believe I don't need that. Another muffler place said they couldn't do it because the exhaust bends up under the bed after the muffler, if anyone has a solution or a comeback I can offer.

7. Nov 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    Mizzouborn

Mizzouborn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma PreRunner
    Thorley Headers Dual Exhaust Flowmaster 40s Bilstein Shocks/Struts K&N Air Filter
    The dealers and Midas want to get as much money as they can from you. Keep going to different independent muffler shops until you find one that will do what YOU want instead of what THEY want. I put on Thorley headers and a new dual system with a 40 Series Flowmaster and NO cats; an independent shop did it.

8. Nov 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM
    DaVikes

DaVikes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Colorado Sports Car
    Arb front bumper, warn winch, All Pro rear bumper, OME up front, OME and All Pro Standard in Back, ARB locker, 34 x 10.5 KO2's, 17" Level 8 Trackers, and fancy single piece driveshaft.
    I've bought multiple sets of tires from the TireRack. Always great service and price. I just bought a set last week for my wife's car, and had them shipped to a mobile installer. He'll bring his truck to my house tomorrow and put them on the car. Much better than going to a tire shop IMHO. The TireRack has warehouses everywhere now, so it only took a day to get the tires to the installer.

I also had a flowmaster 40 on my truck with the original cats. At the same time the shop flattened the exhaust. The tailpipe went just over the rear axel and was cut off there. Everything fit just fine. The muffler sounded great around town, but I didn't like the drone on the highway, so I went back to stock. (My truck is geared w 4.56's so I might have gotten more drone than a stock geared truck.) Personally, I would leave the cats in place. If they aren't there, you might not pass emissions, and that would be headache. Depends on where you live.

9. Nov 15, 2014 at 4:08 AM
    bigmooze

bigmooze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    Stand by... waiting on more daylight so I can take a pic for you of my muffler-only setup. Turns out it is possible!

10. Nov 15, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    bigmooze

bigmooze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system

Products Discussed in

To Top