1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2 Step? Rev Limiter?

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by g_hubbz, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Feb 28, 2020 at 2:59 PM
    g_hubbz

g_hubbz [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    2009 White Tacoma Prerunner
    Tinted, Leveled on 33's, Glasspack
    Hi, I've been doing a bit of research about possible putting 2-step (specifically a Bee-R) on my NA 2.7L 2009 Tacoma. I've gotten the gist that tacoma ecu's are not tuneable so you need a piggy back? Am I missing anything I will need besides the Bee-R and Piggyback? Also what are side effects of 2-step? can it hurt the engine? Any answers would be appreciated. I put it in street trucks because I figured most of the knowledge of this subject would be here. (I'm doing this to hopefully pop some flames through my tailpipes)

2. Jul 14, 2020 at 12:49 AM
    SkunkMan17

SkunkMan17 Jerry-rigging everything

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma RC 4x4
    Tasteful modifications :)
    2-step is something that is useful on the track but not so much on the street, unless you’re gonna be street racing people which I doubt haha. It’s easier to have a 2step setup when you have a turbo setup, and it’s also hard to have a 2step that shoots flames or whatever when you have a muffler and cat on. To answer your bad for the engine part. It’s not good for the engine, that’s for sure. I would look into building your truck a little bit more before you go to 2step immediately. Have you tried out a pedal commander or anything yet? Heard great things about them.

and it can blow your cat out through your muffler and out your tailpipe if you are shooting flames a lot.

Products Discussed in

To Top