1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

20" tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tunerperformance, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Jan 23, 2008 at 5:26 PM
    tunerperformance

tunerperformance [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 tacom xsp
    has any one replaced the 255/50/20 on the there truck just curious to see if any one has gone a lil wider to a 265/50/20

2. Jan 23, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    ED R

ED R Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just had all four Toyos replaced via warranty with 265 50/20 Michelin Latitudes. I have about 40 miles on them so I haven't got anything to really report. But I do think they make my speedo/odo inaccurate.

3. Jan 23, 2008 at 8:08 PM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
    Was there something wrong with the Toyo's? Just curious as to the reason they would replace the tires on warranty.

4. Jan 23, 2008 at 10:24 PM
    ED R

ED R Well-Known Member

Member:
    One of them was unbalancable, and they tried to replace it but the tire dealer told them that that particular Toyo was discontinued. So they bought me Michelin Latitudes- though I don't know if they are the Tour HP or the Sport or the ICE-X. I'll have to remember to look in the morning. I suspect the bottom-line Sports, though.

5. Jan 24, 2008 at 5:39 AM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
    I think I have the same issue. I had them rotated a while back at the dealer closest to me and and when I left the there the steering wheel would shake at about 65 mph. I took it back and I'm almost certain they just rotated them back like they were. I have the same Toyo's as you did I'm betting.
    Guess I should take it back to where I bought it at the next rotation time, then complain to them if/when it happens again. The truck only has 16k on it.

6. Jan 24, 2008 at 4:53 PM
    ED R

ED R Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looks like I lucked out and got Tour HP's.

7. Jan 25, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    tunerperformance

tunerperformance [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 tacom xsp
    putting dueler Hl alenzas on perks of being a firestone employee when you get a new vehicle you can take off your tires and put ours on

8. Jan 27, 2008 at 3:12 PM
    08Taco-Jon

08Taco-Jon Active Member

Member:
    Deltona, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Doublecab Longbed TRD Sport
    X-SP 20 in. rims with Nitto Dunes
    I just put a set of Nitto Dune Grapplers on in 265/50r20 and they ride better than the Goodyears I had on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top