1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2001 frame replacement

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bludweiaer, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Jan 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    bludweiaer

bludweiaer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2017 Pro DBL Cab,,2020 F3L Spyder...Polaris 800..
    avs rain guards,,,tyger auto tubesteps... stealth SR8's.265/70/17,ridge grapplers..shiftsense pro...
    wel had my frame replaced 2 weeks ago,, right rearend sags now,weak spring,,old springs were much better, box and cab out of alignment,,box not sitting level. left side of front bumper not right
    took back to dealer,,,they had it 3 more days got it back the same way,,,also got charged 371.00!!!!!!!!!,,said i needed spring bumpers and rear proportioning valve,,,,,,,,bullcrap,told them they prolly lost them, also they had to swap them anyways, so why the 140.00 labor cost, nothing in writing,,hum,hum,,,they said they are going to send me a check for my labor,,called toyota they are suppose to call me back today,,,,,,,,when sitting in truck and looking out both mirrors, its real obvious how far the cab and box are out of alignment,,,,,,truck has only 93,000 miles, extra cab,mint condition untill now,,,,,,,,told toyota best truck ive ever owned untill,,or i would not have had it for almost 10 yrs......... truck seems fine mechanical wise,, so far.

2. Jan 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    sethr21785

sethr21785 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Lake Jackson TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tundra
    How far away is the next toyota dealership?? Sounds like you need to deal with someone else...

3. Jan 10, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    dip

dip Member

Member:
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma
    I had issues with mine not the same as yours. I had to go to the guy running the entire place. Service adviser didn't know what to do then. It still sucked! They finally did get it right though.

4. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    saweetlou

saweetlou Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl cab long bed
    3in spacer
    When mine came back to me and the box was out of whack with the cab I loosened the box off and shifted it myself, as for the rear leafs that they put in, I think they must of been off a 2 wheel drive cause they were flat, luckily the dealer gave me my old leafs back which had a add a leaf in them which I swapped into the new ones. They told me anything that they broke or misplaced was to be covered by Toyota. Make sure you dont give in to them, you shouldn't have been charged a dime for anything.

Products Discussed in

To Top