1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2001 tacoma double cab with wet carpet

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by steve, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Nov 13, 2006 at 5:48 PM
    steve

steve [OP] New Member

Member:
    :( Hi, have a 2001 tacoma double cab with wet rug padding on left passanger rear side. any one out there have this problem before?

2. Nov 24, 2006 at 3:11 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    Condensation from your a/c maybe? or a leak that started somewhere else and ended up on the passenger side?

3. Nov 24, 2006 at 3:21 PM
    dibsen

dibsen Well-Known Member

Member:
    my suggetion, take the time and pull out all your door trim, seats and everything else thats keeping your carpet in place. Then after you wrestle thae carpet out of the cab, do a thourough inspection of the cab. Like mentioned befor, your cond. from your a/c could be leeking into the cab. Also, while you got your taco pulled apart, its a good time to do a good detailed cleaning.

If tou wait too long your truck might start getting that mildew smell.

4. Oct 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    mountainbiker42

mountainbiker42 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma 2.7 5 speed 4x4
    Just discovered wet carpet on my passenger side on my '04 Xtracab. I have the hard plastic weather tech floor mats (so I could never see the carpet was wet) and I noticed a bad wet smell and started investigating. I pulled the carpet up and found two round black seals that when pulled out, allow you to see the ground underneath the truck. I think those round plugs were not sealed properly and allowed rain water to come through the floorboards. Everything is drying out right now and then I'll put some sealer around the holes and put the plugs back in and see if the carpet gets wet again.

5. Oct 29, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    Sounds like you guys have an A/C Evaporator hose that's draining inside the cabin instead of outside. Pull back the passenger side front carpet and loon underneath right about where the glove box meets the back of the firewall, you'll most likely see a small hose that's no longer in its outlet

Products Discussed in

To Top