1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2001 Tacoma v6 manual trans for sale in NJ totaled $2000

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacomas For Sale (1995-2004)' started by dknight269, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Oct 11, 2015 at 3:32 PM
    dknight269

dknight269 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma extracab v6 manual trans (Silver)
    body lift, HID headlights, Viper remote start/alarm, 20% tinted windows, Mickey Thomson Classic II rims mounted with Firestone Destination A/T 265/75-16 tires, Bilstein 5125 rear shocks,ARB front bumper(damaged)
    Up for sale is my 2001 Toyota Tacoma. It has the 3.4L V6 DOHC EFI engine with 5-speed manual transmission. 232k miles....the clutch was replaced 10k ago ($300)

This truck runs absolutely flawless..... no check engine light. It will start with the remote start no problems! the water pump, timing belt, and thermostat were all replaced less than 10k miles ago.... it has new spark plugs and ignition coils..... I also had replaced the mass airflow sensor and the front O2 sensor 20k miles ago. I also replaced the driver's side window motor less then three months ago! The left rear wheel bearing was replaced but when I installed the seal I apparently bent it (Block of wood and tapping with hammer) replaced loss of rear end fluid on a regular basis!

Tons of parts that could be used...... Come check it out. hear it run then haul it off and make money off of parts! If it doesn't sell by October 17th I'm stripping a lot of mentioned parts off and sending to the junk yard..... Sorry the buy-back from the insurance company was this high so I cannot accept anything less than what I'm asking.

I'm keeping the following: Cap off of the back, rear bumper(REMOVED), Visor, and sway-a-way shocks(front)

It was professionally outfitted for off-road use including the following:
    ARB front bumper $655 Bent on right front corner but anyone with a porta power could tweek it back
    K&N intake FIPKT $260 (REMOVED .. I'm keeping) I'll replace with factory intake once I get my new/used 2002 Tacoma
    Bilstein 5125 rear shocks $180
    aftermarket rear leaf springs with 1.5"rear shackles
    Mickey Thomson Classic II rims mounted with Firestone Destination A/T 265/75-16 tires (10k miles on them) $1100
    20% tint on all glass
    8000k HID headlights $200
    Viper 791xv Viper remote start/car alarm $300
    Sway-aWay front shocks. (REMOVED I'm keeping)
    minimal rust on the body and a brand new frame underneath (Bent over rear wheel from impact)

Tires weren't cheap!!!! http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...TATOWLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

sway.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg

2. Oct 17, 2015 at 1:57 PM
    02TACOMA4WD

02TACOMA4WD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Where did you get that visor? would you be interesting in selling that separate?

3. Oct 21, 2015 at 1:12 PM
    20tacoma02

20tacoma02 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma 5-speed
    would you be willing to sell the whole clutch assembly?

4. Nov 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    dknight269

dknight269 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma extracab v6 manual trans (Silver)
    body lift, HID headlights, Viper remote start/alarm, 20% tinted windows, Mickey Thomson Classic II rims mounted with Firestone Destination A/T 265/75-16 tires, Bilstein 5125 rear shocks,ARB front bumper(damaged)
    Sorry guys.... I didn't receive any notifications that you posted and didn't get around to logging back in until today (Nov. 16th) I sold the truck minus a lot of aftermarket parts!! D Spaid the visor came with the truck when I bought it and I removed it before selling. I bought an "02" Tacoma that is looks exactly the same as this "01" and I'll be mounting the visor on it over the holidays. It is a Lund Visor and I am pretty sure that they don't make them for older Tacomas anymore....

Products Discussed in

To Top