1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2002 Tacoma 4WD V6 Suspension Lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Nc Sportsman72, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Dec 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    Nc Sportsman72

Nc Sportsman72 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello Toyota Tacoma 4WD V6 owners..

I am trying to decide what I want to do as far as putting a suspension lift on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4WD. I am not sure which setup as far as suspension I want to go with. A co-worker of mine told me to go with just a lift kit. I have been told by others its best to go with a suspension kit to do it the right way. I want to put some 33” tires and about a 3” lift on my Toyota. If I went with this lift will it effect the geometrics of the truck?? When I refer to geometrics I am referring to the whole chassis setup on the truck. Would I need to make any major changes other than the suspension kit?? I would like to make it look good and while having the lifted clearance. With the 33 tires I want to add some either Mickey Thompsons or Dick Cepek wheels to give it a bold stance. The tires I currently have on my truck are 265/70/16. If I remember correctly my truck has the TRD package. It has the Bilstein shocks but no accent lettering on the sides of the vehicle. I bought it certified in 2005 I pretty sure it has the TRD package. I am just trying to find out what is one of the best ways I can make my truck the way I want it.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
    Charles
    Kernersville, NC

Products Discussed in

To Top