1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2002 TRD 4door v6 shock recommendations

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Trinculo, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Jan 12, 2017 at 8:16 AM
    Trinculo

Trinculo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4 door V6
    Camper shell
    I have a 2002 TRD 4door V6 with a camper shell and about 130K miles. All suspension is still stock. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.

I'm ready to replace the factory (Blistiens?) shocks.

I live in the Mt's and spend most of my time driving on twisty mt roads. I don't send much time off *ROAD* but a lot time off *pavement* on gravel and dubious roads. I don't want or need to do a lift. I have had a camper shell for 10 years and carry reasonable loads often. The truck sits a bit low in the back, i imagine from the weight of the shell for so long.

I've been reading about the 5100's and 5125 anti seems like this is the way to go, but I'm confused as to what the difference is and have read conflicting reports on weather I can run 5100's on the rear without a lift.

What do you recommend shock wise? Should I replace the springs on the front? add a leaf on the rear? Thanks

2. Jan 13, 2017 at 12:30 AM
    757yotas

757yotas Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport
    ICI Magnum front bumer Rigid LED lighting OME lift 285/70 Nitto Exos 17" Fuel Hostage TRD Exhaust TonnauPro Cover Oil Catch Can Tint Pioneer Nav system Sound System LED lighting Euro headlights Paint
    Cheap and decent skyjacker hydro 7000s , better 5100s by bilstien , even better OME nitrochargers, and OEM tokicos (i think thats what there called)

Products Discussed in

To Top