1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2004 double cab basic upgrade - which head unit?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rmorit_DC_04, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Aug 7, 2018 at 1:08 PM
    rmorit_DC_04

rmorit_DC_04 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab - new to me in 2015
    ARE Tonneau Cover
    I have a 2004 1st Gen double cab.

I wanted opinions on the following components. My goal is a double din in dash unit with rear view camera. Andoid auto is a must. I also listen to Sirius XM. Hands free Bluetooth and an overall speaker upgrade.

Current system is a basic pioneer bs690 that allowed me to have hands free. I use a Nexus 9 tablet for navigation.

Looking at these two head units. https://www.crutchfield.com/Product...Items=01|500ILX207&compareItems=01|158XAV5000

Sony xav-5000 or the upgrade to Alpine ilx-207. Not sure what rearview camera to pair with this setup but want gridlines.

Basic speaker upgrade without modifying door panels. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CSS684/Kicker-43CSS68.html?tp=106&avf=Y

Looking for input on the head unita and the value of HD radio?

Thanks

2. Aug 7, 2018 at 1:20 PM
    Taco1.1

Taco1.1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road
    Debadged, Kenwood 9905 Head Unit, Tinted Windows, Remote Start
    I have both a Sony headunit and a kenwood 9905. Both are nice units but I prefer the Sony bc it has a volume knob and the amplifier has a little more power. The Kenwood has wireless Android auto which is nice for short trips but kills your battery quickly...I wouldn't pay up for wireless as it pretty glitchy. I don't know anything about the Alpine.

Products Discussed in

To Top