1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005-2010 Tacoma,2004-2008 Tundra, 2005-08 Sequoia Class action law suit..Rusty frames!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mr.Tacoma, May 31, 2018.

1. May 31, 2018 at 9:03 PM
    Mr.Tacoma

Mr.Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    toronto
    Vehicle:
    DoubleCab4x4
    TRD Exhaust, Side step bar & ARE cap
    Folks,
    Not sure this is mentioned elsewhere, tacomas are not facing much of problem as for frame replacements i believe, but Tundras and Sequoias of the above mentioned years IF YOU are in with no luck after talking with Toyota its worth signing up with this class action lawsuit..

https://www.clg.org/Class-Action/List-of-Class-Actions/Toyota-Rusty-Frame-Canadian-Class-Action
    U.S counter part did get settlement in 2016/17 ..news link blw:
    (Old story)
    http://autoweek.com/article/recalls/toyota-will-settle-truck-frame-rust-suit-suit-34-billion

2. Jun 25, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    Foamer 44

Foamer 44 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 black Tacoma 4x4 exteneded cab
    Spanking New member here. Mainly as a result of finding quite good sized hole in the frame of my 2002. Rather concerned as one would be.

I purchased when it came off a lease and at some point got a recall for an inspection of the frame. The dealer said it was ok, but I wasn't offered any sort of undercoating to help with the issue.

I take it that at this point it is futile regarding getting anything out of Toyota? The truck itself in one way shape or form I have no doubt will be headed to the scrapper. Over the years it suffered quite a variety of sheetmetal abuse, hence lots of body rust, including the cab itself.

Regarding the class action. In the Globe and Mail Saturday past in the Report on Business is an add for frame issues.
    It precisely states ".... Own or Lease or Previously Owned, Purchased, or Leased a :

Toyota Tacoma 2005 - 2010
    Tundra 2007-2008
    Sequoia 2005 - 2008......"

www.Toyotaframesettlement.ca
    toyotaframesettlement@crawco.ca

As I inferred above, sort of, am looking for a replacement. Was thinking 2015/6, but having seen the US side of the website, the class action actually extends to 2015, this is not filling me with lots of confidence in the product.

As much as I really like the Tacoma, it really makes me wonder what the hell Toyota has been doing, or maybe not for over 15 years of consistently having issues with frames rotting out and seemingly not getting a grip on the problem.

If by chance I should end up with another newer Tacoma, will the cap fit? If memory serves the box is 72" long and in 2003 they made the trucks larger so would the width of the cap be too narrow?

Any advice appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018

Products Discussed in

To Top