1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 base 4x4, helper springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by danteisme, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Jul 29, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    danteisme

danteisme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Sport, 96 Integra GSR
    so i just installed a set of 30 dollar helper springs for the rear of my truck. they are the nosiest things in the world! every little bump or divet in the road they are squeaking like crazy. is this typical of a bolt on application like this? i'm about to take them off...

2. Jul 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Ehh...Try some lithium grease in between them and the rest of the spring pack?? or try the dealer for the anti friction pads...

Did they make a huge difference??

3. Jul 29, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    danteisme

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    well, i;ve never hauled in this truck with the stock springs. i put these on, and installed them on the max setting. it says on the max settin it can add up to 1500 lbs more capacity(not that i wanted teh capacity, i just didnt want to bottom on hauling). i installed them because over the weekend i was hauling mulch(no big deal) and 1/2 tons of top soil(3 seperate trips). the truck really didnt squat down very much at all with the soil in there. i'm not sure what it would do with just the stock leafs. you figure its around 1000-1200 lbs at best with teh soil. so maybe they do work pretty good for hauling, now it rides like a hay wagon empty tho haha.

4. Jul 29, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    You get what you pay for they always say. If you decide they are too stiff. Look into the Timbren Suspesion Enhancment Bump stops. They support the weight like your helper springs, However when unloaded your truck still rides just like stock.

5. Jul 30, 2009 at 6:17 AM
    danteisme

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    hmm, might have to look into those down the road. they are pretty pricey, but may be what i'm looking for. it'll just take some time to save up for them

6. Jul 31, 2009 at 6:13 AM
    Diamond Gray

Diamond Gray New Member

Member:
    I am interested in buying some rear helper springs for my 2009 4x2. Where did you get them? Manufacture's name? Hmmm, just some food for thought, try some synthetic brake caliper grease to alleviate the squeak. Hey, if they are not hard to install, just take them off after you get a load of mulch etc. That is what I plan to do.

7. Jul 31, 2009 at 6:14 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Hellwig would be my first choice..try JC Whitney for some great prices.

Products Discussed in

To Top