1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 - Rear spring replacement - no lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by LoudDog, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Jun 8, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    LoudDog

LoudDog [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab
    K&N CAI, NWOR HD Rear Leaf Springs
    My rear springs are shot and I'm well past warranty so the TSB is out of the question. The want $1700 to do the TSB work now!

I can replace the springs myself easy enough, but I'm having trouble shopping for springs with no lift (a little is okay, but i'm not lifting the truck).

I regularly tow a 4000+ pound trailer so stronger then stock springs would be nice, stronger then the TSB springs would be nicer.

This is all I've found thus far:
    http://www.northwestoffroad.com/parts/2stage.html

Anything better, or opinions on these?

Any comments on going to the local chain shops and getting their version installed?

$1700 for new springs and shocks installed seems a little insane.

2. Jun 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    LoudDog

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    I've done some digging and a lot of people seem to have problems with NWOR, but the big complaint seems to be too stiff. Since i'm looking for stiffer (cap and 400-450 pound tounge weight) that might work?

I sent a note to ALCAN, but other then that, I can't find replacement springs that don't lift the truck.

3. Jun 8, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Why not get some OME Dakar springs and some 5100 or OME rear shocks for about $600ish from Wheelers. They have a better price than toytec and all the hardware you need to do the job yourself.

4. Jun 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    yeah i would say go with OME springs and shocks my dakars with the third leaf removed has settle down and its not much higher than stock. I need to put the third leaf back in.

5. Jun 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    LoudDog

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:

All I can find are lift springs? I don't want to have to lift the front, and lifting just the rear is not going to be good for towing.

6. Jun 8, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Buy a set of tsb leafs off someone here. I've seen them go for 75 bucks for both. People swap them out for offroad leaf packs an have no need for them anymore.

7. Jun 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Have you considered Timbrens or AirLift airbags? Otherwise you probably are going to have to get a custom made pack.

8. Jun 8, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    LoudDog

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    Got a reply back from Alcan and that seems to sound good. They'll custom make a set of HD springs for $410.

I like the idea of picking up a used TSB set too though.

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top