1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 Taco - Original Owner New to Forum

Discussion in 'New Members' started by geost1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Oct 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    geost1

geost1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    TRD Cat back exhaust K&N Air Filter
    Hi I joined the forum earlier this year while researching the chirping blower motor issue, it's fixed in my truck now. Anyway I've participated in a couple of other threads and figured it was time to introduce myself.

I'm the original owner of a 2005 Tacoma TRD Sport. Bought it back in the fall of 2005 and have run it ever since. I've had some minor issues with it, the worst being the A/C compressor going bad, but often tell people it's the best truck I've ever owned. It's got 87,000 miles on it and still runs like a champ. I've attached some photos taken today after getting it detailed.

Side.jpg
    Inside.jpg

2. Oct 10, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave:

3. Oct 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Fine choice in colors! Check out my build thread for ideas and lets get the mod bug going for you!

4. Oct 11, 2012 at 5:41 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome!

5. Oct 11, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    geost1

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Thanks Delmarva.

Yeah they don't offer the Taco in Radiant Red anymore. :( I think the color was phased out, of the Tacoma line, with the 2012 freshening. That sucks on many levels because it really makes the truck a head turner.

Your modded truck looks pretty sharp, see you got it in (real) Red too. :thumbsup: After 7 years, I don't see myself really modding out the Taco. It's got the TRD cat-back exhaust and a K&N Air Filter on it, that's probably going to be it. Still shines up nice though...

6. Oct 11, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    Still looks like it just came off the showroom floor, very nice truck, welcome to TW OP!

7. Oct 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to TW.

Frank

8. Oct 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    geost1

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Thank you. The detail guy at the dealership did a great job bringing the color back, the plastic parts like the door handles and hood scope were fading. The TLC I've given my "beast" over the years helps too... :D

Thanks to everyone else for making me feel welcome here. I'll be hanging on to this Taco for a while, at least until Toyota gets their head out of their asses and redesigns it. :laugh:

9. Oct 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Welcome aboard from one radiant red to another!! :wave:

10. Oct 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    TacTRDFreak

TacTRDFreak Dave

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Southeast Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner
    3/2 lift skid plates 17" wheels oversized tires, hid headlights and fog lights, Pioneer system with iPad rear video for the kids. Modified air flow with K&N filter and all Royal Purple Synthetic fluids
    Nice and clean, you've been babying your baby haven't you. I'm on my second Taco. First on was a 2000 Extended Cab TRD Off Road V6 4x4. I miss it but needed to upgrade because I needed a real backseat for my kids. Now I have a 2008 4 Door Pre-Runner. I love Taco's. Best truck ever built. When I traded my 2000 in it had 180,000 miles and never had to replace anything on it mechanically, only normal wear and tear items.:)

IMG_0035.jpg

11. Oct 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    geost1

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Yeah, a little... :eek:

Truth is this wasn't his first trip to get detailed, although the dealership did a much better job than the car wash place I've taken it to in the past. Hauled stuff in it and driven through some nasty Northeastern winters, but I've never taken the truck off-roading though. When it comes time to sell the TLC will pay off with a quick turnover, and good price, with any luck. That's 4+ years down the road, and for a Toyota this truck is just now getting broken in... :cool:

Yours is pretty sweet looking as well, looks like you've made some mods. I'm guessing you take it offroad...

12. Oct 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    TacTRDFreak

TacTRDFreak Dave

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Southeast Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner
    3/2 lift skid plates 17" wheels oversized tires, hid headlights and fog lights, Pioneer system with iPad rear video for the kids. Modified air flow with K&N filter and all Royal Purple Synthetic fluids
    Yeah. Trail riding with the family mostly. But most of all its our family car. Just a few mods. Lift, tires, stereo, exhaust, and fluid mods to get the most out of it. I'm a stickler for maintenance. Gets an average of 22 mpg. Not bad for a v6, but its due to the fact that I use royal purple racing synthetics. Only intake mod was a K&N air filter and removal of the charcoal filter. Love my Taco and promised my 6 year old it would be his when he turns sixteen. Gotta take care of it.

13. Oct 17, 2012 at 6:34 AM
    geost1

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    I can't speak for the others, but mine is only averaging 17 MPG on premium fuel. Compared to my car, that gets 21 MPG on regular, mileage isn't this truck's high point. Still better than my 2003 F150 though, 13 MPG on that aircraft carrier! :eek:

At least your boy has something to look forward to when turning 16... :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top