1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Tacoma - Brake noise, pulsating, premature ABS kicking in?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FouAmour, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dec 13, 2011 at 7:51 AM

FouAmour [OP] Member

Mar 8, 2008
    First Name:
    Herriman, Ut
    2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    I have a 2006 Tacoma TRD Prerunner Dbl Cab. In Mississippi, I did not have to drive in the snow. However when I went over a road with an incline and a fast decline, I would hear a strange noise and the brake pedal would pulsate. It felt like I could put the pedal to the floor. This occurred anytime when I crossed railroad tracks. I brought it to the dealership in Jackson but of course, they said there was no problem. (I do not think it is related but If I back out of the driveway, stop, drive forward, and then stop; I hear a loud clicking sound. I was told this was just the pads slapping against the rotors.)

Now I have moved to Utah. This morning, I awoke to snow. Just idling out of the garage and tapping the brakes lightly in the driveway, the noise has returned. As I drove, I was very very careful and noticed the "over the hill" noise happened all the time. As I was driving about 40 on a road, I tapped the brake and the noise started again. I ended up drifting the back end in both directions and after a car passed, I let it go. I did a 180 on a 5 lane road.

It seems my ABS is kicking in prematurely and I must get it fixed. Mechanics keep telling me nothing is wrong. I need advise on what to look for on the truck. Please Help !!!
To Top