1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Tacoma Keyless Remote & Locks...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mr_CNC, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Nov 25, 2006 at 5:51 PM
    Mr_CNC

Mr_CNC [OP] Member

Member:
    Hello All,

Generally speaking I love my tacoma. So far, it has been outstanding, but now the little things are starting to bother me. Every other vehicle I've had since 1994, there was some kind of horn note or "chirp" when the remote lock button was pressed, that confirmed that the doors were locked. My Tacoma doesn't do this, and my insane habits make me crazy, because I'm never sure if the damned doors are locked! I would also like to have the doors automatically lock, like the other vehicles, when it reaches a certain speed, etc. Is it possible to program these events into this beast? Help!

Mr_CNC

2. Nov 25, 2006 at 6:59 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    It doesn't bother me one bit actually it makes me more aware of my surrounding especially for a woman. to always look when i turn on my alarm. you can always upgrade your remote and there's alot out there that's mostly state of the art. (i.e Valet or DEI) hope this helps

3. Nov 26, 2006 at 7:53 PM
    TacoKing

TacoKing Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Silver DCab with TLC
    Mr CNC, c'mon man! Just LOOK at the truck when you activate the alarm. There is sensory validation but it is visual rather than auditory. I like it because if I came home late or leave early or whatever, I don't have to worry about waking, annoying or bothering anyone else. I am not a, "hey look at me!" type so I like it....alot. I am not saying you are that type but I think it is a very, very mild complaint and, like Ldytaco05 said, "you can always upgrade..."

4. Nov 27, 2006 at 3:08 PM
    amelia

amelia Member

Member:
    the only way you can get you truck to beep at you is to add an intrusion alarm toyota has a good one its called the rs3200 vip security system ask your yota dealer and toyota doesnt have auto locks

5. Nov 27, 2006 at 5:53 PM
    ImInLoveWithMyTruck

ImInLoveWithMyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    I thought I had OCD. :eek: :D

6. Nov 27, 2006 at 6:01 PM
    Mr_CNC

Mr_CNC [OP] Member

Member:
    LOL TacoKing! I'm not a "Look-at-me" type either, but I guess I'm getting set in my technological ways, meaning that if I press "Lock" on the remote, the vehicle should beep! LOL

FWIW I contacted my dealer today, and was informed that since all I have is the basic keyless entry system that doesn't include the Toyota security system, then what I have is all I have, and it cannot be changed. I asked how much it would be to upgrade to the Toyota security system, and was told $795, to which I responded, "I'll get used to it the way it is". Thanks to all for the opinions and insights.

Mr_CNC

7. Dec 30, 2007 at 6:08 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    When you leave just press the door locks; confirm that you have the key and close it. I only use the remote to unlock.

8. Dec 30, 2007 at 6:14 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    All I need is a vehicle beeping at me. Yeah right.
    Why do we put black epoxy on pistols?

9. Dec 30, 2007 at 9:22 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Just get this:
    MOERSE LEKKER SALES

I'm thinking about getting one since you can turn off the chirp, and I have a hard time seeing the lights flash in bright sunlight or here the door locks unless I'm standing next to the truck. At that point I might as well hit the door button or use the key to lock.

I use my remote when I'm 20-30 feet away so I like a little more distance for the confirmation.

10. Dec 30, 2007 at 9:40 AM
    dbbd1

dbbd1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here is another option...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221968

Still working on the auto-locking feature. I have not found a really good way to do it yet. Another thought on that is to simply get a cheapo after-market alarm installed that locks the doors when you start the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top