1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 4 cyl coolant spraying

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by bringtheruckus, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Jul 6, 2017 at 1:44 PM
    bringtheruckus

bringtheruckus [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 2.7 4x4 Access Cab
    I seem to have a weird coolant issue with my truck. I can drive my truck to and from work (52 freeway miles round trip) all around town, stop and go traffic and there is nothing wrong but as soon as I take it on a trip, usually which involve hills and what not which seems to be strenuous on the motor. Ill hit a gas stop and notice coolant sprayed all over the engine bay. I came across something that said it can leak out the tube to the coolant reservoir and you can see that I added hose clamps to that. The last trip I just took with it this still seems to be an issue. Any ideas or has anyone else came across this? Thanks. My other thoughts are maybe just the reservoir cap gasket.

Just a note too I never really hot dog it or really drive it all that hard and pulling any hills I try to keep RPMs under 3-3500. Temps have never gotten over what they always are but its a pain always cleaning and filling on a trip.

coolant.jpg

2. Jul 6, 2017 at 11:06 PM
    road2cycle

road2cycle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sonoma County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma DCLB 4x4 Limited
    Have you tried replacing the radiator cap? Have you let it idle in your driveway until the fans kick on and off a few times to see if you can reproduce the leak? Rev the engine to a few thousand RPM if it doesn't leak when idling.

If that doesn't work you could find a small cheap video recorder and attach it securely (lots and lots of tape) to the windshield fluid reservoir and get some footage of what's happening under the hood. You'd probably need to mount a light in there as well if the recorder doesn't do well in low light conditions.

3. Jul 6, 2017 at 11:09 PM
    Bishop84

Bishop84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Start with a rad cap for sure, it's cheap insurance.

Products Discussed in

To Top