1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Tacoma blower motor on backorder

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 5862007, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Feb 10, 2011 at 2:32 PM

5862007 [OP] Active Member

Dec 19, 2007
    2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x2
    Hey, For the past few weeks, my blower has been working sporadically on my 2007 Toyota Tacoma, meaning that it works sometimes when I turn the truck on and turn the switch, but sometimes it does not blow air at all. I took the truck to a service station two days ago and they showed me that there was not a power problem going to the blower motor, but that the blower motor itself was failing. I gave the go-ahead for them to replace the motor and they put one on order. They called me today and told me that there is a backorder of almost 500 blower motors for 2007 Tacoma trucks here in Atlanta and that there was no estimated arrival time at this point. They advised me to call back next week and to stay in touch. As long as the weather doesn't get too cold for the rest of this winter, I can get by without the blower motor for a short while, because I can simply turn the vent on and have air come through while I'm driving. It will be an irritation, though, on those mornings when my windshield is covered with ice and I can't quickly use the blower for defrost. Is anybody else having trouble with unavailable blower motors for the Tacoma? Is the backorder a common issue in other cities?
  2. Feb 14, 2011 at 5:45 PM

CtTaco Well-Known Member

May 4, 2008
    First Name:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    I've had one on backorder for 3 months...buy one off amazon.com for 40 bucks and enjoy the quiet :)
  3. Feb 14, 2011 at 5:53 PM

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    First Name:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    Just had mine ordered last week.. he did tell me its on back order and they dont know how long.. but ill live with the 'humping crickets' as opposed to spending money to fix something that theyre gonna replace it to.....and i hesitate to say this......'FIX' the problem.. i listen to alot of heavy metal.. and i think whoever thought of heavy metal.. had a truck with funny noises in it.... cause it masks everything..... even my girl yapping about nothing in the passenger seat!!:rolleyes:
To Top