1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Tacoma Suspension Upgrade recommendations

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Siraywat, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Oct 17, 2020 at 11:20 AM
    Toywoodsguy82

Toywoodsguy82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Tacoma TRD
    Body Armor front and rear bumpers
    Last time I checked smitty didn’t make a suspension for us... and like I said everyone will wanna knock it but I haven’t heard of very many of any bad reviews with the product it’s self... the customer service has some growing pains to deal with but they are doing ok.

DoVeR TaCo likes this.
  2. Oct 18, 2020 at 7:05 AM
    ohcaltexscar

ohcaltexscar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chas
    El Paso, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma DCLB SR5 PreRunner
    Ironman 4x4 NitroGas 2.5" Stage 2 Suspension System Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT Load C 265/75/R16

I did the stage 2 nitro gas kit on my DCLB, it just adds the UCAs over the stage 1.

It has performed well and I liked having it all in one kit. There are a few bits I would recommend you get that don't come in their kit though (ie; extended brake hoses! among others)

Ironman has great quality. People can go back and forth all day with their opinions (mine included), but getting down to the nitty gritty of it, it is well built.

I have had it installed since June and have put ~5000 miles on it and it has not missed a beat. Highway driving up to Yellowstone was smooth. I took it trough the rockies in Colorado on the way back and it did well there, nothing crazy since I'm only 2WD but several flex situations that it pulled right through. That trip alone was 3500 miles, the rest have been daily commuting in the city which have been just a pleasant.

Now I know this isn't a long term review yet but, I do plan to keep up with it over time.

I'm also not trying to sway you one way or another on the Ironman kits. Of course I like it and I do recommend giving it a go!
    However I just wanted to attempt to clear up any misgivings about the quality and viability of choosing to use their products.

Best of luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top