1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 Body Sag

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rpoint16, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jan 30, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    rpoint16

rpoint16 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off-Road, Super White.
    Bone Stock
    I've had my 08 4X4, DBL, TRD, V-6 since 7/07. Pretty much from day 1, I noticed the body was setting kinda low, meaning top of the fender well to the ground. At the time there were no other 08's for comparison.

A couple of months later I drove to different dealerships & measured from the ground to the top of fender well, trucks parked side by side. My truck measured anywhere from 3/4"-1 1/4" shorter in front & 1/2"-1" shorter in the back. I have had it in the shop for a few things over the past year & discussed the situation with service advisors & managers. I've gotten different responses but no solutions.

They did a detailed "front end alignment/axel height" analysis. That told me from the axel to the ground is normal, which I already new. As of now I am waiting to speak to the regional service manager. The problem is now, it has 15K miles on it & there might be some suspension fatigue, although I never haul anything.

By nature, I tend to over analyze things. I'm getting ready to install 2 1/2" - 3"coilovers & an add a leaf pretty soon. Just thinking that extra 1/2'-1" of "sag" might attribute to rubbing when I'm on the trail bouncing around.

Anyone ever had any issues with sag, or am I off base?

Products Discussed in

To Top