1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 Nav Install

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by element192, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Oct 16, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    element192

element192 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi Everyone,

I've read through a few of the threads on here but still have a few questions. First off I'm installing a Pioneer X920BT into a 2008 Tacoma. For now, I'm not dealing with the bypass because I've installed one of these units before and somehow the mute wire was damaged when I removed it and I had to go in and mess with it. It just turned out to be a pain. So my questions are:

1. When people tap into the VSS wire, are you attaching an extension to the harness wire? The VSS wire from the stereo harness is only like 6 inches long and I don't think it will reach behind the glovebox where the wire I need to tap into is. So is that what everyone is doing?
    2. Where is the parking break wire I need to tap into if I don't do the bypass? I did a quick look at the parking break but a wire didn't really jump out at me. Can anyone clue me in?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    element192

element192 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Nobody??? I'm hoping to do this install later this week but I'm hung up on these two things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top