1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 SAE mini-baja Moantreal competition

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by Labatt 50, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Apr 21, 2008 at 11:03 PM
    Labatt 50

Labatt 50 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Montreal,Qc,Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab 4x4 4cyl
    DRL,weathertech floor liner and bug deflector
    Hi everybodies!

In June 2008 the biggest SAE mini-baja series competition ever will be at Orford,Quebec,Canada. Here is the link of the competion.

Mini baja series are competions organised by the SAE(society of automotive engineers.)It's competions were students from all over the world have to compete by buildding an ATV respecting the same rules for everyones.

I did it 3 times ,2002(CRA),2003(ETS) and 2004(ETS) as responsible of plastics fabrications(I'm the creator of the special water propulsion fenders).You probably saw it on monster garage.(2005 edition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZS-5wd0pY

This year I'm helping my good friends to organise the event in the Eastern townships(south of PQ).
    I'll be part of the sled pull event with one of my best friend. I will build the sled and my Taco will probably be the machine used to pull back the load up to the start line.

So it's an invitation to everyone to come and see and outstanding engineering competition .There will be people from all over the world even India!

For more informations look on those web links!

http://www.etsmtl.ca/zone2/clubs/baja2008/en/index.html

http://students.sae.org/competitions/bajasae/

2. Nov 7, 2008 at 6:26 PM
    Mike.B

Mike.B Member

Member:
    i cant beleive i didnt see this thread before the event. I am an ME major at Wilkes university, and on the Wilkes Baja team, and we were at Montreal. we had a great time. by the way on the first day, i noticed that the only vehicle that didnt have to get towed up by the tractor was a toyota pickup. which events are you going to next year(2009)

3. Nov 7, 2008 at 8:14 PM
    Labatt 50

Labatt 50 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Montreal,Qc,Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab 4x4 4cyl
    DRL,weathertech floor liner and bug deflector
    Hi Mike,
    I don't think I will go to an event in 2009.I did mini-baja in the past ,I already finished University. I worked at the event to built up the event. But I was desapointed because I had to missed because at the last minute I had an emergency situation at my office.I'm happy that you appreciated the event it was a tought job to organise that in the middle of nowhere.Long life to Mini-Baja SAE ,it gave me the best souvenirs of all my school years!

4. Feb 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    white91formula

white91formula Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 6speed TRD OR
    I am the president of the UMASS Dartmouth mini baja team and we were at the montreal competition also

see you guys in Wisconsin this year !

To Top