1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 Stock CD player (Type 1) and IPOD

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by creaseneck, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Mar 22, 2008 at 2:12 PM
    creaseneck

creaseneck [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    N/A
    Is it possible to hook an aux input into this stock cd player? I bought a FM transmitter and it is horrible. No matter what station I put it on I get static.

So is there a product out there that I can just plug into the back of my cd player with no hastles? Like a cord that's to short or the wrong type of cord?

2008 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SRD is what I have and they cd player is type 1 where the text button is ont he top right and the scan button is ont he lower bar.

Thanks

2. Mar 22, 2008 at 3:14 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    USA spec pa-12toy (I think the may have just been replaced by the PA-15toy, not sure if that was a replacement or different features)

Metra Ipod-2-car

I am sure that the other guys will chime in with the other options, (I think there are two - three other devices that essentially do the same thing)

Use the search function for UAS spec or Metra for more detailed info on both of them, but long story short, every Toyota factory radio from 1998 on has had a plug in the back of it to control an external cd changer, these devices use that port, and essentially make the Ipod emulate a CD changer. It is a direct connection not an FM transmitter, and sounds great. Average price is about 80-120 bucks

3. Mar 22, 2008 at 5:06 PM
    creaseneck

creaseneck [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    N/A
    Thank you very much my friend

4. Mar 22, 2008 at 5:24 PM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    i'd say just go with aftermarket... so much better esp. with a built in amp helps out speakers and you wouldn't regret it. if you are one who doesn't really mod, then do the aforementioned

5. Mar 22, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    garbal

garbal Member

Member:
    Just put one in my truck... Love it. Had the FM Modulator thing before... crap!

Still learning how to use it but it sure sounds great!

Got mine on e-bay for about 125... easy to install. One plug in the back of the stock player and away you go!

Installed mine in about 20 minutes start to finish.

Good luck,

Garbal.

Products Discussed in

To Top