1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 Tacoma compliance label

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SIN-7, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Nov 4, 2007 at 10:04 PM
    SIN-7

SIN-7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi,
    This is my first post. I have recently purchased a 2008 Tacoma to be imported into Canada. I'm having it shipped to me, and now there seems to be some new rules on bringing 2008's across the border. I must have this compliance label on the truck or a letter from the original manufacturer and the final stage manufacturer containing the same information as would appear on the compliance label.

Can anyone please check that they have one in there door jam, or somewhere on the truck?

thanks

2. Nov 4, 2007 at 10:10 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i havent heard anything about this yet. message a guy by the name of themaster on here, i know he's in canada so he may have some better insight for you

3. Nov 5, 2007 at 5:00 AM
    SIN-7

SIN-7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks for the reply.

4. Nov 5, 2007 at 8:05 PM
    SIN-7

SIN-7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks alot for checking that out for me. I can finally get some sleep :). I've left a message at the dealership to have a look for it, but they haven't got back to me.

5. Jan 28, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    dsds

dsds Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC TRD Sport - Black Sand Pearl
    TacomaWorld sticker, DRL mod, running boards, roof rack, remote start / security alarm, marker/turn signal mod, map light with dome light mod, TRD seat covers, rear spring TSB
    Hi there. I imported a 08 ok and the sticker RIV/TC cares about it is the one located on the drivers side door post that shows VIN number and manufacturing date.

This was a big deal back in November 07 when only pre Sept. 1/07 could be imported because of the immobilizer issue. Now with the rule changed, any 08 Taco is admissible. Be sure to keep your truck price sheet that the dealer has in the window. This will prove to CT during your inspection that you have a factory installed immobilizer. Make sure you do the DRL mod if you don't get them as factory.

Good luck!

6. Jan 28, 2008 at 9:06 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    My Taco here in Cali sais its also comliant in Canada and USA

Products Discussed in

To Top