1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 4 cyl. rough start when cold

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Beanzistchrist, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Jan 19, 2018 at 11:49 AM
    Beanzistchrist

Beanzistchrist [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 5 lug
    Hey Guys,
    The other day I noticed a rough start on my 2009 4 cyl. when my engine was cold. I could feel the engine shaking and then it would correct after 20 seconds or so and run just fine. I just hit 107,000 miles so I thought it could be the plugs (since they have never been changed before). The next morning it did the same thing and my check engine light came on along with the traction control light. That evening, after reading some threads on here, I changed the plugs (they were pretty worked), cleaned the MAF sensor and the throttle body too. Afterward, it fired up perfectly so I was almost certain I fixed the issue. My check engine turned off as well. Fast forward 2 days later and I noticed a little shaking again this morning! Hope its not a bad head gasket. Any thoughts? Thanks

2. Feb 5, 2018 at 6:22 AM
    austin2009

austin2009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Boise, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Lifted and Locked 09 2.7L 2TR 4x4 5 Speed
    DRIVETRAIN- -4.56 Nitro gears -ARB rear locker -SPC UCA's -Fox 2.5" RR fronts/650lb coils -Bilstein 5100's rear -1.5" AAL -285 BFG KO2’s -16x8 MK6’s ARMOR- -ABR bumper -BAMF LCA skids -Cali Raised sliders RECOVERY- -Smittybilt XRC 9.5k synthetic winch -ARB OBA -Factor 55 Pro Link, Expert STEREO- -Pioneer head unit -Rockford T series speakers -Rockford 500 watt amp -Rockford P2D4 8" sub LIGHTING- -Calirasied ditch lights -Caliraised amber fogs -Hella Black Magic’s -Blue Seas fuse panel
    Any update on this?

3. Feb 8, 2018 at 8:32 AM
    Beanzistchrist

Beanzistchrist [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 5 lug

Products Discussed in

To Top