1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 access cab speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Jerry K, May 3, 2009.

1. May 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    Jerry K

Jerry K [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond Va
    Vehicle:
    09 TACOMA
    What is the best speaker to replace the door speakers in a 2009 Tacoma ? (access cab) A local audio store is telling me about some memphis speakers that the speaker and the tweeter are seperate. Anyone tried this route.

Thanks

2. May 3, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    Ragin

Ragin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 TRD
    3inch Skyjacker front struts, Skyjacker hydro7000 rear shocks w/ AAL, K&N CAI, Instrument Cluster Mod, GrillCraft Mesh Grill w/ Pro Comp 9556 5" fog lights, fog light mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Remote Start, BHLM, Diamond D3 10", Twister F2 190 Amp,

Those are component speakers and they're awright depending on the model. I am a personal fan of Polk Audio MM components or Diamond Audio Components...and its not because we sell them at our shop. I put in all brands of speakers and I find those to be the best quality sound. But whatever makes you happy.

3. May 3, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    Jerry K

Jerry K [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond Va
    Vehicle:
    09 TACOMA
    Thanks Ragin for the reply, here is what I posted under new members when I was replying to someone else. This may give you a better idea of what I am looking for so maybe you can give me a hand here. Thanks

It was really general. LOL I know this factory sound is not cutting it so I was looking for ideas. I don't care to rattle the windows with rap music. I listen to classic rock, country and other stuff just want to get something better. I had a ford ranger with High power deck pushing 6x9 door speakers and 5x7 rear speakers with a punch 600 amp pushing 2 8 INCH PUNCH SUBS and I loved that sound. The only thing I took from the truck was the amp and speaker box. The amp is usable and the speaker box is not since I don't want to clutter the acces cab with the box. I am thinking about upgrading the deck and speakers then add a 10 inch sub or use an 8 between the jumps seats. I have talked to a local audio store here in Richmond and they gave me some ideas just not sure which route to go yet. They were talking a grand to upgrade the deck install an amp and build a custom box. That price may have included upgrading the speakers also but I would have to double check. A grand is a bit more then I want to spend but 350.00 of that was a customer enclosure for a sub.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of the trouble I am in. LOL

Thanks for your replies

Jerry

4. May 3, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    Ragin

Ragin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 TRD
    3inch Skyjacker front struts, Skyjacker hydro7000 rear shocks w/ AAL, K&N CAI, Instrument Cluster Mod, GrillCraft Mesh Grill w/ Pro Comp 9556 5" fog lights, fog light mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Remote Start, BHLM, Diamond D3 10", Twister F2 190 Amp,
    Well that is about the price you're gonna get, especially if its good equipment. If you came to us, it would be about 970 installing a really nice pioneer deck, Polk DB components in the front and coaxials in the rear, a simple ported 10" sub box behind the seat like mine, installing your amp, amp kit, dash kit, harness, etc. You can go with cheaper stuff but I wouldn't say its worth it in my opinion. If i were you I was just take it step by step, I would change my door speakers out and maybe put a sub, or change the deck and the door speakers and that usually does it for some people...then put a sub later. Or, like me, I just put a sub in first, b/c like you, I had an amp left over. I like the way it sounds but I really want to change the deck and everything else. I had the perfect system in my old car and I miss it dearly but I have to spend my money on other non-cool shit...i.e. bills and whatnot.

5. May 3, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    Ragin

Ragin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 TRD
    oh and your welcome, I'm sure whatever you decide you'll be happy with.

Products Discussed in

To Top