1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 owners...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hutch606, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Aug 5, 2008 at 3:22 PM
    hutch606

hutch606 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anybody have the new bluetooth option and/or JBL?

The local dealer has everything I want...less that option. I'm curious if the truck is prewired for the system (and just needs stereo/head unit, microphone, and buttons on steering wheel). The dealer doesn't think they can add it onto the truck.

Also, on the 2009 DC models with the JBL option, do they have the same glow-in-the-dark subwoofer which doesn't so much blend in, or did they make it a bit more conservative?

Thanks much!

2. Oct 8, 2008 at 10:22 AM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    I couldn't get that option either, wanted it though. The salesman said something about it not being offered in our state or region. Don't know for sure. I have seen a couple posts about people getting leather as well. I guess it's the whole suppy and demand idea. I'm sure there are not many 4x4 offered in states like Florida.

I would just get it w/o the upgrade system. That's what I did, and I'll be upgrading to something that will crush the JBL for sure.

3. Oct 8, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    norcalbb11

norcalbb11 Nor*Cal

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco Sport 4x4
    flowmaster 40 series, tinted windows, airaid CAI, removed 2nd filter, aries black bull bar
    i only have the access cab and the subwoofer has a switch to turn the light on or off but not sure about the DC

4. Oct 8, 2008 at 10:25 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I have the JBL/Bluetooth option. The bluetooth is really nice. Not sure if the models without it are pre-wired for it, but it's entirely possible. The sub is housed in a cabinet behind the rear seats of the DC... pretty much the same spot that you see people putting aftermarket subs in.

5. Nov 1, 2008 at 4:42 PM
    bluecluee

bluecluee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD OR Timberland Mica
    5100's Set at 1.75
    Does anybody know if the bluetooth option would still work if I was to switch out the stock head unit? Is it configured using the radio or not?

6. Nov 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM
    BioMed80

BioMed80 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab
    3" ReadyLift Kit, 31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT2s, AFE Drop-In, Bull Bar, Hella 500FF, Secondary Filter Removed
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that Toyota has had issues with the JBL system (clipping) and is no longer offering it. In fact, I beleive there is a TSB in the works for it, they add an amp dedicated to the sub. There is a thread on here about it. HTH.

7. Nov 1, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    BioMed80

BioMed80 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab
    3" ReadyLift Kit, 31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT2s, AFE Drop-In, Bull Bar, Hella 500FF, Secondary Filter Removed
  8. Nov 1, 2008 at 7:07 PM
    nocarsallowed

nocarsallowed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4X4 - Access Cab
    NO MODS YET! 20" Enkeis with NT420 performance tires coming soon...inspired by genxer36.
    Let me know what that is because I have JBL and it's actually good sound but if I can replace it with something better that will be fine too. I don't use the bluetooth though

Products Discussed in

To Top