1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Taco Lift Options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by STLTaco09, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Dec 19, 2008 at 3:38 PM
    norcalbb11

norcalbb11 Nor*Cal

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco Sport 4x4
    flowmaster 40 series, tinted windows, airaid CAI, removed 2nd filter, aries black bull bar
    yeah i think i would go with that just hopefully not to much to install this setup

2. Dec 19, 2008 at 3:52 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    If you get this complete coilover setup, it's VERY easy to install! I don't have much mechanical expertise at all and I installed mine... Took me a few hours, but not hard - especially with all the help from TW! And no specialty tools are needed - just a jack, jackstands, sockets (metric) and a torque wrench...

One thing to be aware of though... install this lift yourself and your gonna get hooked on "wrenching" your truck (as silverback would say)... :)

3. Dec 19, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    norcalbb11

norcalbb11 Nor*Cal

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco Sport 4x4
    flowmaster 40 series, tinted windows, airaid CAI, removed 2nd filter, aries black bull bar
    oh nice so it shouldnt take a shop very long to do this, i dont really have space to do any work on my truck and now that winter is here i need a shop to work in and my garage is filled with stuff my families stuff

4. Dec 19, 2008 at 6:36 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I would think that experienced mechanics with the proper tools, lifts, etc... Could do it in 2-3 hours (fronts - not rear). But, you're paying a premium for their experience, so they'll probably still charge you $200+ (I would think). You might try to find someone willing to do it after hours or something for cash - that would probably be cheaper. Or, spend $100 on gas and drive to Arizona and let Chris4x4 do it!

But if you get that fully assembled coilover, it's really just as simple as unbolting the factory coil/strut assembly and bolting the new one back on. If you replace the UCAs at the same time, it's even easier to get them in/out, but you gotta add some time to replace them too...

5. Dec 19, 2008 at 6:38 PM
    norcalbb11

norcalbb11 Nor*Cal

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco Sport 4x4
    i wish it was only 100 dollars worth of gas to get to arizona haha

Products Discussed in

To Top