1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Tacoma Ipod Interface

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BX1018, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Jun 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM
    BX1018

BX1018 [OP] Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab
    Does anyone have any pictures of this install? I'm referring to the factory one. Either way, if any of you have run the cable to your glovebox, what's the best route to do that? Should I tie the cable in with other cables on the truck?

I know the install isn't difficult, but I want it to be clean looking even though no one will see it.

Thanks in advance!

2. Jun 23, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    paulmurphyhomes

paulmurphyhomes New Member

Member:
    Orange County CA
    Vehicle:
    09 4 door 4x4 off road pkg
    Peripheral PXAMG installs in 15 minutes - good video of it at YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV8Z5pCZGjU

Only problem ... It will not work with XM branded radio. I spoke with a tech at Peripheral and he said to keep our eyes out - that they may have something soon. I will hold my breath until then:). Otherwise, this unit, instructions, tech support, warranty, quality of unit and cables were the best I have seen when it comes to aftermarket electronics.

3. Jul 8, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    BX1018

BX1018 [OP] Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab
    So I installed my Ipod interface the other day. Just an FYI, be prepared to read your manual. I hated it at first, but now I'm getting use to how to navigate things from the radio. If you get one installed, it's fantastic once you take the time to figure out how to navigate everything. I'm still learning some things about the playlist stuff, but it sure beats listening to FM radio.

Products Discussed in

To Top